KTM & BOSCH Innovation
KTM have jointly developed with Bosch a revolutionary new rider assistance system for the KTM 1190 Adventure called Motorcycle Stability Contol (MSC). The system monitors wheel speed, lean angle, pitch angle, acceleration, braking pressure among other parameters to help the rider maintain control of the bike.
• MSC can prevent the wheels from slipping when braking while leaning over.
• MSC minimises the righting motion of braking while leaning over.
• MSC prevents rolling over in emergency stops.
• MSC prevents rear wheel skids when accelerating while leaning over.
• MSC prevents the front wheel rising while accelerating.
This video from Bosch will give you an idea on how it works.
This technology will be fitted to the 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure, which goes into production in December 2013. The UK price is £12,999 for the 1190 Adventure, £13,799 for the 1190 Adventure with factory fit electronics package and £13,799 for the 1190 Adventure R.
There is a retro fit available for all 1190 Adventure customers who have already purchased an 1190 Adventure or 1190 Adventure R in 2013. The MSC system can be retrofitted at any authorised KTM dealer for £335.63.