The BSB paddock made it’s second visit to Brands Hatch during 2014 this weekend, the riders taking on the full GP circuit.
It was the chance for Ryuichi Kiyonari to prove his recent spell of blistering form was no one-off and he did just that during the first race.
Championship leader and pole sitter Shakey Byrne was off to a flyer during the first race, and stayed at the front for the first half of the race.
Kiyo started down in sixth and made short work of the GB Moto Kawasakis of Ellison and Walker. When Kiyonari eventually caught up with race leader Byrne, it took him three attempts to make a pass stick.
Kiyonari appeared to favour the entrance to Paddock Hill bend as a place to put his Buildbase BMW past the Kawasaki of Byrne. Two attempts were foiled by Shakey who came back past instantly into Druids.
It came down to a final lap scrap between the pair with Kiyonari leading. Byrne made a final attempt to pass at Hawthorns but couldn’t make the pass count, Kiyonari crossing the line to win by 0.103 seconds.
Ellison took the final podium position, 0.687s from victory, with Walker having to settle for fourth.
2. Shane Byrne GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki ZX-10R +0.103s
3. James Ellison GBR Lloyds British GBmoto Kawasaki ZX-10R +0.687s
4. Chris Walker GBR Lloyds British GBmoto Kawasaki ZX-10R +3.290s
5. Dan Linfoot GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki ZX-10R +4.378s
6. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha YZF-R1 +5.160s
7. Jakub Smrz CZE Millsport Ducati 1199 Panigale +6.130s
8. Richard Cooper GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing ZX-10R +8.956s
9. John Hopkins USA Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000 +12.055s
10. Stuart Easton GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki ZX-10R +12.259s
11. Howie Mainwaring GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki ZX-10R +12.571s
12. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves Honda CBR1000RR +12.652s
13. Jon Kirkham GBR Halsall Bike Gear ZX-10R +13.066s
14. Josh Waters AUS Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000 +17.702s
15. Patric Muff SUI Bathams Prize Winning Ales S1000RR +22.923s
16. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW Motorrad S1000RR +23.040s
17. Ben Wilson GBR Gearlink Kawasaki ZX-10R +25.876s
18. Ian Hutchinson GBR FFX Yamaha YZF-R1 +31.956s
19. John Ingram GBR Morello Racing ZX-10R +31.986s
20. Martin Jessopp GBR Ridersmotorcycles.com BMW S1000RR +32.459s
21. Aaron Zanotti GBR GGH / STEL Suzuki GSX-R1000 +32.999s
22. Jenny Tinmouth GBR TWR CBR1000RR +50.166s
23. Rhalf Lo Turco BRA SBKcity Kawasaki ZX-10R +01m 1.3781s
Tommy Bridewell GBR Milwaukee Yamaha YZF-R1 DNF
Keith Farmer GBR PR Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R DNF
Gary Mason AUS Anvil Hire TAG Racing ZX-10R DNF
Barry Burrell GBR Team WD40 ZX-10R DNF