After announcing an updated Diavel and a frankly hilariously dangerous sounding Panigale V4R, Ducati also announced a new Hypermotard 950 for 2019 at their World Premiere 2019 event in Milan, ahead of EICMA.
This is great news, because motards are awesome, and big powerful ones are even awesomer – what could be better than a dirt bike crossed with a street fighter? Exactly, nothing.
Ducati’s Hypermotard though is quite unloved (at least in the UK), and that’s both sad and strange, because it’s a great bike and more people should buy them. Bologna feels the same way, and for 2019 has a few treats in store.
The Hypermotard 939 is now known as the Hypermotard 950. And the changes are as follows:
- 4 more HP, and 1 extra torque (114HP @ 9,000 and 71 lb-ft (98 NM) @ 7,250 RPM)
- New pistons, increased compression ratio
- New exhaust valve timing, new 53mm throttle body
- Improved clutch feel
- 3kg lighter
- Slimmer overall, and underseat exhausts
- Narrower seat, flatter bars
- Brembo 4.32 monoblock front calipers
- 3 riding modes
- Cornering ABS via 6-axis IMU
- Daylight running light is now LED powered
And the SP version has…
- Bi-directional quickshifter
- Forged marchesini wheels
- Red/white colour scheme
- Longer travel Ohlins suspension
Hard to argue with that. We’ll be riding it early next year, when we’ll get to find out pricing and how good all those changes really are…